Thursday, August 28, 2008

Obama and Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight."

What a lady Michelle Obama is! Her speech was amazing and her genuine response to each of the Clintons' speeches touched me. I pray our country will see the truth and know that we need a change and Obama-Biden will do a great job cleaning up the Bush mess.

I just finished reading my friend, Pash's blog. She has a natural talent to share her thoughts and emotions. Tonight she showed images of a large furry tarantula in her yard near VOC (close to Sedona, AZ.) To be in the in crowd,VOC's nickname is Village of Old Creeps but it really stands for Village of Oak Creek. Don't get me wrong, it
is a beautiful place surrounded by Red Rocks but it is not Sedona. (But...many call Sedona, Slowdona.)

Pash's sharing brought a memory of chasing my brother, Ed, with grasshoppers in northeastern Colorado. He was terrified of them. If I whispered, "grasshopper," he screamed. It became so bad, I couldn't even mouth the word to him. I know it sounds cruel now but I was a child too and he was so darn funny. Every time I see a grasshopper, I think of Ed. See Ed, I do think about you. ;-)

I'm reading a book Maya gave me..."Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. It's a YA and is the first of a series. Good writing about a high school girl, Bella, moving to a small town in Washington from Phoenix. Talk about a cultural shock involving weather, sunshine and population. It couldn't be more of a change. At lunch on her first day of school, she notices a table in the dining hall with a group of students who are pale and do not eat. Aha...yes they are vampires. Of course, the best looking young man, Ed, at this table falls for her. (Geez brother Ed...there you are again...maybe that's why you hate grasshoppers.) And, Bella falls for Ed. The story goes well, then Bella and Ed, decide to take off on a Saturday together to a remote location in the woods. Bella...what are you thinking? Author Stephenie Meyer's what are you thinking? Not a good idea to plant into a 7th graders head (Maya.)
Oh, okay...I know she probably watches worse things on TV but hey...this is in print. Other than that, I'm enjoying the read and Maya also gave me the next two in the series..."New Moon," and "Eclipse."

I just finished Dean Koontz's, "Watchers." Talk about a contrast in reading material! But if you know me, you know I like scary reads with lots of surprises. It's about an intelligent golden retriever who is amazing to say the least (can read too,) but when you read this book, it's believable. I liked it.

Speaking of watchers, hope you all will watch Barack Obama tomorrow in Denver. You go Barack! Going to Flag today for a dental consult...boring but important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love this post.